Thursday, July 22, 2010

Book recommendation



hey guys

today i want to recommend two of my fav books to you
i think everyone should read some classicand not just those new s*** stories ...ok, not everything is s***but the most books are ...
and i think its kinda important for a good education,
to know some classic novels.
and i think more peopleout of my generation should do thisand not just hang out infront of their
computers and play stations

and etc ...




The first one is "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck
The story is primarily set in the Salinas Valley,
California, between the beginning of the 20th century and the end of the World War I.
East of Eden
brings to life the intricate details of two families, the Trasks and the Hamiltons, and their interwoven stories.
" He developed a love of poor people he could not have conceived if he had not been poor himself."



and of course "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte
its my absolut fav book!It tells the story of the all-encompassing and passionate, yet thwarted, love between Heathcliff and Catherine, and how this unresolved passion destroys them and many around them.
The relationship of them consists of hate, love and vanity!They cant live with each other and without either!I think the love for each other is their only good characteristic trait.
My fav quote is this, Cathy says it:
"
My great thought in living is himself. If all else perished,
and he remained,
I should still continue to be;
and if all else remained,
and he were annihilated,the universe would turn to a mighty stranger; I should not seem a part of it! "

and of course this quote, Heathcliff says it:
" I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"



thats all for now!
Toodles X



No comments:

Post a Comment